Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Prayer of Praise & Thanksgiving

Dear Heavenly Father

You are glorious and magnificent in every way and I am honoured to know you.

For having created the world and all that is in it, and for creating me, I thank you and give you praise for the wonder of life and all I can see, hear, touch, taste and smell.

For a family to love, and a family to love me, I am very grateful. For the freedom to live in a wonderful nation, I’m in awe of you. For the great loves you have put in my heart, for the hope that pushes me on, and for the faith you give that gives me courage in the midst of fear, I show my appreciation to you, my Lord.

For giving me good things all around and blessing me in so many ways, thank you, Jesus. For the many things I have accumulated, for my various relationships and friendships and for the education I have received, I thank you.

Also, for the pains of the past and present, which you’re using to teach me, I thank you, loving Father God. For those future pains, I pray for strength, which I know you will give me at the right time; and for this, I thank you in advance--let me also thank you then too, Lord.

You have strength to burn, for me. You are the very essence of wisdom and you guide me and goad me gently but firmly. You cause me to obey you. For your patience with me and the grace you show to me every day of my life. Thank you.

You’re the Wonderful Counsellor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Everlasting Father. You have so many good names; I’m thankful I can reflect on your vast character by virtue of your names.

You are sovereign over all things, yet you relate with me; and you love me so much, you insist on relating with me. I am so thankful that you never let go of your hold on me, Lord.

The opportunity to thank you is never ending and it is the wisest action of all--to thank you continually. I am grateful I know this.

I praise you, my Lord, for having shown me the truth. I praise you that I know things so precious; I praise you for opening my eyes and ears. I praise you for you.

It’s in the Lord Jesus Christ’s wonderful and holy name I pray,

Amen.

No comments: